[wplug] Clear Out Printer Queue

Greg Simkins gregsim at telerama.com
Sun Aug 15 09:25:25 EDT 2004

I am trying to get printing working from a Dell based Linux Red Hat 9 host
to a shared HP Laserjet 4P printer attached to a Windows XP Professional
also on a Dell.  They are both on the 192.168.0/24 network at home. I seem
to be accumulating print jobs in a queue and can't get rid of them.  I see
them in the gnome print manager.  When I highlight the job in the queue and
click Cancel Documents, I get an Error box telling me that the Job or
printer is not found!.  I have tried deleting and recreating the printer
object, including renaming the printer object, but the jobs still sit there
in the queue.  I can use Nautilus to browse to the smb shares and find the
print server (called Desktop), but when I set up a printer using that host
name, I get an error message that the host cannot be found.

I have tried using SWAT to create a printer.  I edited smb.conf to set share
instead of server based (but still have the password stuff there). I have
tried just about everything I can think of, but something is messed up.

Please suggest how I can find and destroy the print queue and maybe start
over again.

Thanks.

Greg Simkins

Pittsburgh, PA