[wplug] LinspireOS to Debian

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Fri Aug 13 18:20:08 EDT 2004

My dad has been thinking about getting a new computer.  Since he is
mainly a web/e-mail user, I have been trying to sell him on the idea of
Linux.  What I am wondering is if anyone knows/has tried the
Lindows/Linspire OS.  I think I may point out the PCs at WalMart.com to
him.

Second part is, if I recall, you get 1 year of the 'point-n-click' (what
ever Lindows calls it) with the purchase of the computer, then you have
to pay.  Has anyone tried/know of any problems of just using the Debian
repositories?

Any insight would be appriciated. --

As a side note, I have also been thinking about Mepis for his OS.  As
you can see, I am a Debian fan.  - Don't offer Knoppix, already thought
of it.  I have used it for the LiveCD demo to my dad, but don't want to
use it as an HD installed OS.