[wplug] Shared printing

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Aug 13 16:03:35 EDT 2004

"Jonathan S. Billings" <billings at negate.org> wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2004, at 11:45 AM, A. James MacDonald wrote:
>
> > router.  Everything seems to be working fine except for connecting
> > with the shared printer.  I assume I need Samba to have my linux work
>
> You've received lots of good advice, but I wanted to point out that you
> can probably get packages built specifically for Mandrake to install,
> rather than having to build it from scratch and get it configured by

I think the answer is even simpler than that.  Mandrake 9.2 has all
the CUPS, Samba, etc. included on the CDs.

All Jim should have to do is run Mandrake Control Center and let it
take care of all the messy details.  See:
<http://doc.mandrakelinux.com/MandrakeLinux/92/en/Starter.html/printerdrake.html>