[wplug] Shared printing

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Thu Aug 12 20:46:45 EDT 2004

Samba isn't necessary, although it would probably be easier.  You could also configure Cups to work with the Linux box and then install the correct driver on the XP box.  Then in the printer properties on the XP box go to the ports tab, check 'standard TCP port', click on 'Configure Port' and then enter the hostname of the linux box, check LPR and enter the printer name as defined in Cups in the Queue Name.  This at least works for me with FreeBSD and lpd, I can't see why it wouldn't work with Cups as it's using the lpr protocol.