[wplug] Shared printing

A. James MacDonald macd at zbzoom.net
Thu Aug 12 11:45:49 EDT 2004

I am a newbie to linux, having just installed Mandrake Linux 9.2.  I
have my other computers networked using XP Pro. and a Linksys wireless
router.  Everything seems to be working fine except for connecting with
the shared printer.  I assume I need Samba to have my linux work with XP
Pro.  I downloaded Samba 3.0.6 and untarred it.  It is in my home
directory and I would like to know how to proceed from here.  How and
where do I install it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  Jim