[wplug] Redhat, Fedora, and home folders...

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Aug 12 11:34:29 EDT 2004

techmike wrote:
> Has anyone run a mixture of Fedora and Redhat machines using a NFS mount
> for home folders..
>
> I have a small workgroup of redhat pc's that logon to an NIS domain, and
> use NFS for home folders..  Just wondering if I throw a Fedora box in the
> mix I'm going to corrupt home folders just like windows roaming profiles do..
>
> Anyone try this?
>
> -mike

I'm not familiar with windows roaming profiles, but if it's NFS, it will
probably behave just like NFS would on any other platform.  However,
Fedora 2 has this SElinux stuff which might not like the idea of home
directories on NFS.  It might also make the gnome/kde dotfiles unhappy
for the older versions running on the other systems.  But these are
problems you are going to encounter for any shared filesystems.

--
Jonathan S. Billings <billings at negate.org>