[wplug] recovering data from failed scsi device?

techmike mikeslists at access995.com
Tue Aug 10 10:54:49 EDT 2004

How has the drive failed?  Most of mine that fail cease to spin up..

If thats the case, stick the drive in a gallon ziplock bag, get all the
air you can out and stick it in the freezer overnight.

With the drive still cold, power it up and see if it spins..  Sometimes
will buy you a few hours to back it up..

-Mike