[wplug] recovering data from failed scsi device?

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Tue Aug 10 10:15:14 EDT 2004

How failed is it?  Does the SCSI bios recognize the drive?  Does it have
a lot of bad sectors?  You might be able to do something about either.

There are data recovery companies that can disassemble the drive and
recover what's not damaged, but their services are very expensive and
the data generally has to be very important to make it worth your while.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer II
CCAC - College Office
412-237-3086