[wplug] talk and xinetd?

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Wed Aug 4 09:01:39 EDT 2004

I believe the Linux talk client prefers to use ntalk.  You should have
an ntalk file in xinetd.d, enable that one as well.

# chkconfig --list talk
talk            on
# chkconfig --list ntalk
ntalk           on
# netstat -a | grep talk
udp        0      0 *:talk                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:ntalk                 *:*
udp        0      0 localhost.localdo:32867 localhost.localdo:ntalk
ESTABLISHED
udp        0      0 localhost:32868         localhost:ntalk
ESTABLISHED

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer II
CCAC - College Office