[wplug] [wplug-announce] WPLUG Open Source Picnic this Sunday August 8

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 18:49:07 EDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 16:13:50 -0400 (EDT), Beth Lynn <bethlynn at wplug.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> WARNING: This is your final nag.

Fear not! I'll nag a bit more on the general user list before Sunday comes.

No big changes to the list of things to bring or get. But the next
time I post, it will include directions and a link to a map of the
place, as well as ride-sharing info, as has been posted before.

*What we need:
You. (C'mon over!)
Desserts. Everyone likes desserts, so bring what you like.
Folding chairs are encouraged.

*What the facilities offer:
Covered grove with seats and tables.
A pool. You need to pay to use it.
Basketball court.
A tennis court within walking distance.
Plenty of field space (for whiffleball and whatnot).
Swings and slides and other playground equipments (includes baby seats).
Bathrooms.

*What people are bringing:
**Jonathan Billings:
Grill, meat of various types.
**Dirk Kalp:
Corn on the cob, salt, butter, healthy margarine. Another grill for
non-meat, a whiffle ball and bat, perhaps a volleyball net.
**Beth Lynn Eicher:
Ketchup, mustard, disposable tablecloths, rigatoni.
**Evelyn Chao:
Pop (cola, diet cola, non-cola), bowls for snacks.
**David Ostroske:
Potato chips, Foreman grill, board and dice and card games.
**Vance Kochenderfer:
Potato salad, a 14" charcoal grill.
**Mark Dalrymple:
Utensils, plates, napkins, flatware, paper towels.
**Markdude:
Fruit salad, frisbees, basketballs.
**Tom Rhodes:
A cake, a watermelon, and a machete.