[wplug] wplug.org choking?

Robert Dale robdale at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 18:31:24 EDT 2004

On 1 Aug 2004 15:58:02 -0000, Mark Dalrymple <wplug at badgertronics.com> wrote:
> > I'll download the first few K of data, and then the connection will
> > hang for a 'long period' of time
>
> I'm glad someone else is seeing it too.  I gripe about it on IRC
> but nobody believes me, or  blames it on my rather latent satellite
> connection.  Some folks / machines / ISPs it behaves like that,
> and many others it doesn't.  There's probably a configuration / routing
> issue somewhere.  It's not just the website, ssh connections can take
> forever to negotiate.  It took 15 minutes to upload a 20K file once.

I did see this, and some weird code behavior, awhile back on the
OpenACS side of things.  Somewhere between a combination of restarting
the OpenACS server and upgrading firerox to 0.9.1, the problems seem
to have gone away.  However, I have not visited the site much lately
to say that with any certainty.

I do not recall ever having a problem with ssh connections.

--
Robert Dale