[wplug] wplug.org choking?

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Sun Aug 1 02:47:25 EDT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:

> I've consistently had a problem accessing webpages on wplug.org: I'll
> download the first few K of data, and then the connection will hang for a
> 'long period' of time -- usually about 20 seconds but lately it's been
> much longer.  I thought at first it was server traffic, but the problem is
> quite consistent.
>
> Does anyone else notice this / is anyone working on it?

This is the first time it's been brought to my attention. Around 11:30
Saturday morning, someone reported a misconfiguration in the archives, so
I regenerated them. That took no longer than 10 or 15 minutes.

I would need to know more specifically what pages you're seeing a problem?
Some pages are handled by apache, and some are handled by OpenACS which
sometimes hits postgresql.

I've also noticed that someone with an account on the machine has been
running setiathome. I'll need more information on when, and how often
you've seen this problem before I can point a finger at that.

-james