[wplug] Mplayer -- remain open after playing avi?

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Wed Apr 28 20:07:57 EDT 2004

> > That's already checked.  The movie window remains open, but it shows the
> > splash screen instead of the movie.  Since the movie is only a few seconds
> > long, that means I cannot see the movie.
>
> few seconds?  doesn't sound like much of a movie.  Why don't you try
> 'mplayer -fps 1' ?

It's actually 10 seconds long.

You can see it if you want:
http://andrew.cmu.edu/~bkuczens/membrane/MP10_1.avi
~1MB

It is a model of the propagation of an action potential down a membrane in
a nerve cell.

As an update, I installed xine which will leave the (second-to) last frame
of the movie up after the movie is complete when I include the '--no-logo'
command, and replay it when I press enter.  This will be satisfactory.
Its ui is a little clunky but I don't mind that.

-Brandon