[wplug] SuSE 9.0 ??

Christopher Galik chris at cardiactelecom.com
Tue Apr 27 05:05:49 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 23:42, abhi s wrote:

> I have a Toshiba Satellite 2430 s-255 and i installed SuSE 9.0 on it
> alongwith the existing Windows XP. My problem is that once I try logging
> out of Linux, I lose the display completely, in the sense that it does
> not return to the konsole/command line and all I can see is a hazy
> color. But if I restart the computer then everything works fine.

I know this is an old thread, but I have been out of the proverbial
"loop" for a while and I just wanted to put my $0.02 in.

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2675DVD, and I saw this problem a few years
ago when I upgraded my X server c/o an installation of a new(er) version
of Mandrake.  But mine actually occurred when I went into X, not back to
console after killing X.  So I would suggest that you look in to using a
different video driver for X myself, or as was suggested, disable your
framebuffer.

-c.

--
 Christopher Galik, A+CSP <chris at cardiactelecom.com>
 Cardiac Telecom Corporation -- 800.355.2594 x144