[wplug] Zaurus SOLUTIONS found

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Thu Apr 22 14:37:49 EDT 2004

Thanks to those who suggested that I upgrade from V3.10 ROM to V3.13 ROM.

That fixed my "Run as root" problem.
The down side was that I had to reinstall everything as restoring from backup
reintroduced the same problem as before.

I also noticed ipkg doesn't like directory names with spaces in them.
By cleaning up some directory names where I had stored updated ipkg's, I have
been able to install so really nice programs into the Zaurus.

I know there are some SDG employees on this list so I want to send out a big
THANK YOU for the latest version of VNC for the Zaurus.

All my dislikes about the previous version are now GONE !!!!

My Zaurus is now better than ever !!!

All I need now is a way to sync the PIM data to my Linux desktop PC.

Thanks again for the help,

Bob