[wplug] (no subject)

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Wed Apr 21 09:54:29 EDT 2004

Playing with SuSE 9 Professional. Thinkpad A21m. Trying to get sound to work. It did not work with the stock 2.4 kernel (and for varios reasons) I then loaded 2.6.4 from SuSE site which also did not work. I then build my own to fix some SMB and video issues with theirs and build a 2.6.5 kernel. It works fine for every thing, seems to find the sound card but it will not play audio.

dmesg
****************
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.4rc2 (Tue Mar 30 08:19:30 2004 UTC).
ALSA device list:
  #0: Sound Fusion CS46xx at 0xf4122000/0xf4000000, irq 11
oprofile: using timer interrupt.
NET: Registered protocol family 2
******************

wisej at linux:/> lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by

I have tried both modular and monolithic for compiling the kernel with no change in the sound status.

To test the sound outside of X I ran

cat /opt/kde3/share/apps/kbackgammon/sounds/kbackgammon-lost.wav > /dev/dsp0

Yast seems to think it is working fine as a Cystal Fusion CS4214/22/24

Any thoughts.

THanks,

Jermey Wise.