[wplug] OT: Security User Group

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Mon Apr 19 16:01:36 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 15:42, John Harrold wrote:
> Sometime in April Chris assaulted the keyboard and produced:
>

> | Are their any security focused UGs in the Pittsburgh area?  I tried google
> | and only found InfraGard.  That wasn't quite what I was looking for.  I
> | figured that if there was one, then someone on this list would know.
>
> while it's not a "security" sepcific. there is a local sage(1) group here.
> i'm not a member, but some of the people on this list are. i would imagine
> there is a focus of some sort on security.
>

> (1) system administrators guild
> http://www.pghsage.org/

PGHSage is pretty much dead.  The mailing list still exists, but we
haven't met in over a year.  The leadership pretty much is gone, and any
attempts to organize a meeting has been ignored.  Anyway, the WPLUG
events are usually more relevant and better organized, in my opinion.

Speaking of which, the next WPLUG General User Meeting is about linux
security.  http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-meeting?wp_meeting_id=3001

--
Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>