[wplug] Re: wplug Vol 2, Issue 16, Message 14, Q: Which distribution to start with?

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Mon Apr 19 13:56:58 EDT 2004

I am using SuSE 9.0. As a desktop distro it is not the most user
friendly. It is missing many of the conveniences I found helpful in
RedHat (previous distro). It is more graphically focused and wants all
things done in YAST (their configuration tool). KDE is defiantly their
preferred X focus. I have grown to love Konqueror in it flexibility but
it has a few nasty bugs (displaying acrobat files). It is also has
issues with my laptop on the video (ATI Rage Mobility) which took a 2.6
kernel custom build to fix. I would recommend adding several post
install packages to make it functional as a desktop distro (acrobat,
sun-java, Mozilla, locate, tree, etc...).

My $.02

Jeremey Wise

  _____