[wplug] KDE -Mac look and feel question - recommendations please

Benjamin Slavin bslavin_list at wavecrazy.net
Fri Apr 16 21:01:47 EDT 2004

Jenn,
I have a feeling that you're probably looking for something with features like
'The Dock' , which are somewhat implemented as Karamba/SuperKaramba (which
I've had problems with) themes. However, they're somewhat slow on older
hardware. I do not run these things on my system, but I do run the following:

I use KDE's own Plastik style with a custom color scheme. For window
decorations, I am using IceWM's SmoothAkua theme
(http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=8578) with the titlebar
button positions moved to be the same as on OS X.

I think the combination of the two styles works very well and is far more
pleasing to look at than XP's Luna or OS X's style with pinstripes.

Additionally, The Dock was not something I felt was appropriate for my usage
patterns; however, I have a floating taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

There's a screen shot at http://www.bit24.net/desktop-small.png if you want to
see what it looks like. Should this be along the lines of what you're looking
for, I'd be more than happy to send along my custom color scheme as well as
my wallpaper (which I did not create, but have modified to fit a multi-screen
setup).

--Ben