[wplug] Setting up environment variables

rm richand2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 12:42:07 EDT 2004

You can try /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

or if you have a directory called /etc/profile.d

Your best bet is to just grep for export commands in
the various startup files and work from there

grep -iR export /etc/rc.d/

or grep -iR export /etc/X11 or profile.d

I'm not sure why the variable isn't being set.

Sorry, I lost the orginal post, however, IIRC, you
were trying to start a program that needed the an
envir. variable set. Just as a possibility, you might
check to see if the command that strats that program
is actually a binary....it might be a script and you
should be able to set the variable there.  Some
programs start from scripts not binaries.

Ken