[wplug] hardware swaping..

Embery, Nathan Nathan.Embery at crowncastle.com
Fri Apr 9 08:29:19 EDT 2004

nah, as long as you go pentium -> pentium or amd -> amd it doesn't care at
all about the processer, motherboard, or chipset. If I'm not mistaken all
that stuff is detected on boot up. And actually, I vaguely remember hearing
about the 2.6 kernel being able to patch in processor optimizations in real
time on boot up, so maybe it is possible to swap archs without problems
nowadays...

If you run into problems you can rename the /etc/sysconfig/hardware file (I
think that's it) and Kudzu will redetect everything for you, sort of like
the old windows trick of deleting everything out of device manager.

Nate