[wplug] reverse DNS

duncanhutty at comcast.net duncanhutty at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 16:49:41 EDT 2004

I have now discovered that my mail is not getting through because my IP address is on the 'dynamic' lists. But, I have a static IP address from comcast, that used to be part of their dynamic pool. They aren't willing to put in a reverse DNS entry for IP addresses in those blocks (67.165/16 and others I believe) which I could then use to get off the dynamic addresses blacklist: http://www.dnsbl.us.sorbs.net/DUL-FAQ.html

I guess I'll just have to hate comcast until we can change ISP. Perhaps I can relay everything outgoing through the SMTP server that they offer. I think that was suggested on list and is definitely worth a try.

Thanks for all the input.

Duncan Hutty