[wplug] reverse DNS

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Thu Apr 8 16:22:24 EDT 2004

> It should help.  If not, that means everyone that has comcast and does
> things the "standard way" (webmail, pop, imap, whatever) can't send mail
> to the same places that you can't.
>
> Actually, looking at the headers, your ip does have a reverse dns entry...
> so I doubt that's your problem.  However, here's some info from
> Spamassassin concerning your mail:

	Part of the problem is, that the A record for my host
(auntie.zhrodague.net) does not match it's reverse entry (blah
blah.comcast.net).

>         autolearn=no version=2.63
>
> Looking at http://www.dnsbl.us.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup, I see that it has
> you in the "dynamic ip" database.  Many militant mail administrators block
> all mail from dynamic IPs.  Get yourself a static IP.

	That's the other problem. So, about half of the places I email
won't accept it, in which case I use my hotmail account.

	Too bad candidate.zhrodague.net isn't up, she used to be my
secondary host that I would relay mail from -- that isn't on a dynamic
range. I haven't been able to get ahold of the owner of the office, tho,
she went down a bunch of months ago...

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi