[wplug] backing up

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Thu Apr 8 09:12:30 EDT 2004

First off sorry for the late post (that whole day job thing:>)

I did get the majority of the script working. This was with a different
LUG. The specific requirements I had were that the CD should be build
with a user recognizable path, compressed files (i.e. not one large tar
ball) and then kick out an ISO file every time the compressed tree
structure was 700MB. Then continue backing up files until all specified
directories were backed up. Then in the morning it would prompt (via SMB
message popup) the secretary to insert a blank CD, when it was done
remove and label it, then insert the next one.....

Lots of things on the wish list. Started the process and actually got
some help but ended up not finishing some pieces due to poor knowledge
of shell scripting. Have all the logic flow and many of the pieces
done... just never finish.

Jeremey Wise (440)-519-6006
Systems Consultant(CNE,MCSE,CSE)
Agilysys, Inc.
Jeremey.Wise at Agilysys.com

IBM ED PACK -Part # SB033 $4,500 ... SP Discount 11%
IBM ED CARD - Part # SB218 $8,995 ... SP Discount 8.5%