[wplug] reverse DNS

Tim Lesher tim at lesher.ws
Wed Apr 7 16:46:13 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 02:53:05PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> This is why I don't like content filters.  They do things like: Most
> spam comes from hosts with names that start with numbers, this email
> came from a host with a name that starts with numbers, thus this
> mail is likely spam.

On the other hand, I run some decent-sized mailing lists (~300
members) from my home server, and the only sites that are rejecting my
mail are using the three-step mechanism you outlined, not content
filters.  My ISP doesn't assign a PTR record for my IP address, won't
do it, and has a lock-in monopoly on broadband (a deal with the
apartment complex where I live--they run the phone, cable, and ISP
there).

The people using content filters on my mail are doing just fine.

--
Tim Lesher <tim at lesher.ws>
http://www.lesher.ws