[wplug] Funny: New method for open source fund-raising

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Wed Apr 7 13:14:54 EDT 2004

> http://tinyurl.com/3g4ax
>
> The above URL points to the programmers behind Gaim [
> http://gaim.sourceforge.net ] and their attempts to support development
> with much needed funds.
>
> They've "moved to an ebay-based system of generating revenue. The
> developers have decided this is a fair way of generating revenue that will
> help the project".
>
> Items to bid on include "Sean Egan's toothbrush" and "Two books we don't
> want anymore"

	And, $10.50 for that toothbrush. I understand that some other
groups do this as well (notably, http://www.netstumbler.com). The other
way to do this is ad revenue -- we've been having some luck covering the
costs of our project by using Google's ads.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi