[wplug] reverse DNS

Duncan Hutty duncan at hutty.com
Tue Apr 6 17:46:35 EDT 2004

Comcast's Broadband Business Services just told me that they will not make a reverse DNS entry for me.

I admit that I not a networking wizard yet, but if I understand things correctly, my ISP, by whom I am assigned my permanent IP addresses, has to have reverse DNS entries for any mail server (and possibly other services?) that I wish to run or my users' mail will be rejected by any sensible admin?

Has anyone else run afoul of Comcast in this way?
Is there a solution using a dynamic DNS service?

--
Duncan Hutty