[wplug] Firebird and Java

Jason Jerome jjerome2 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 11:25:14 EST 2004

--- Brandon Kuczenski <brandon at 301south.net> wrote:
> > The error you are seeing is because Firebird (now called FireFox,
> btw)
> > thinks that you are already running the software.  You might not
> be, but
> > it detects a 'lock' file in your profile.  I believe this lock file
> is
> > in ~/.phoenix/default/*/lock
> >

> Is there a way to ask a currently-running version of FireBeast what
> profile it's using?  And a profile is just a collection of user
> settings
> like bookmarks, toolbar configurations, cache, and the like, right?
>
> -brandon

Yes - you can do this.  I got fed up with the profile issue a while
back, and did some searching for a solution.

Just create the following script (name it "firefox") in your
/usr/local/bin:

#!/bin/bash

if [[ `ps -e | grep firefox` ]]
then
        #Mozilla is running
        `/usr/share/firefox/firefox -remote 'openURL('$1',
new-window)'`
else
        #Mozilla is NOT running
        `/usr/share/firefox/firefox $1`
fi

You might have to customize it with the correct path to firefox on your
machine.  Then just refer to this script file to run the program.

Hope this helps!

-j

=====
http://jjerome.com/resume.jsp