[wplug] Firebird and Java

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Apr 2 16:53:41 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 16:49, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
> > The error you are seeing is because Firebird (now called FireFox, btw)
> > thinks that you are already running the software.  You might not be, but
> > it detects a 'lock' file in your profile.  I believe this lock file is
> > in ~/.phoenix/default/*/lock
> >

> Is there a way to ask a currently-running version of FireBeast what
> profile it's using?  And a profile is just a collection of user settings
> like bookmarks, toolbar configurations, cache, and the like, right?
>
> -brandon

The 'lock' file is usually a symlink to a nonexistant file that looks like:

<ipaddress>:<process id of running browser>
for example, mine is:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 billings users          18 Mar 29 16:44 lock -> 128.2.191.24:30430

Yes, a profile is basically just what it sounds like, toolbars, user settings,
local cache, etc.

--
Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>