[wplug] OpenGL environment variables for Nvidia GeForce 4

Jay jmkramer at caldron.com
Fri Apr 2 09:28:42 EST 2004

I am using a GeForce4 MX.  I just set up the Nvidia Open GL drivers.
They seem to work well.  However, the only thing that I know to check
them with is TuxRacer.  I noticed in the README.txt provided by NVidia
that it is necessary to set up OPENGL environment variables for such
things as Full Screen AntiAliasing.  I can not get it to work.
I am running Debian with the bash shell.  I do the following to set up
the environment varible and then startx
/home/jmkramer$ export _GL_FSAA_MODE=1
/home/jmkramer$ startx
When I run Tux racer there is no antialiasing.
A second question is which is the best antialiasing mode
1 2x Bilinear Mulitisampling
2 2x Quicunx Multisampling
4 2 x 2 Supersampling

Thanks for the help.

BTW the new Nvidia install is really good. I would skip trying to
install it the "Debian Way".  Go to the Nvida site and download their
shell script and run. It has a facility to provide automatic updates