[wplug] Firebird and Java

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Apr 2 16:44:24 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 16:13, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
> It doesn't seem to make a difference.  Plus, it keeps asking me what
> profile to use, and when I say 'default', it says it can't use that one
> because it's already in use.
>
> WTF?  I switched to Linux to get away from this crap.

If you switched to linux from Windows or MacOS to get away from
complex/confusing installers, then I think you went the wrong
direction.  :)  Linux is still pretty rough around the edges, when it
comes to installing software.

The error you are seeing is because Firebird (now called FireFox, btw)
thinks that you are already running the software.  You might not be, but
it detects a 'lock' file in your profile.  I believe this lock file is
in ~/.phoenix/default/*/lock

--
Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>