[wplug] SpamAssassin

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Fri Apr 2 15:07:38 EST 2004

> wplug-bounces+vze2f6h6=verizon.net at wplug.org wrote:
> > Teodorski, Chris wrote:
> >> Has anyone seen any statistics on the success rate of SpamAssassin? Or
> >> any good articles?
> >>
> >> I'm trying desperately to prevent my boss from sticking in another MS
> >> exchange box to act an SMTP relay (I'd like to use postfix) but I'm
> >> having trouble finding any real numbers.
> >
> > I don't use SpamAssassin (because I don't approve of content
> > filters, but that's another issue altogether)
> >
> > However, if you want some stats:
> > http://www.potentialtech.com/cgi-> bin/awstats.pl?config=mail
> >

> Well I don't use SA either, most RBL and a patch to block executables and
> here is the results from one day.  I get this report emailed to me every
> day, along with others.

What's the problem with Spam Assassin?  I had the impression that running
it in daemon mode was relatively CPU-cheap, and re: Bill's post, I don't
see how you could stop spam before it was sent.  Maybe before it was
received (which I guess is what you meant).

Anyways, I was about to do my spamassassin/procmail config THIS VERY
WEEKEND, so this topic seems relevant.

-Brandon