[wplug] Need some help on configuring routing on Mandrake

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Apr 2 11:01:17 EST 2004

I'm not too familiar with Mandrake.

uname says it's Linux 2.4.19-16mdksecure #1 (in case that's important)

The machine is positioned so the routing is a little weird.  I can use
the route command to manually correct it after the fact, but I'm trying
to get it to boot up with the correct routing table.

Can anyone give me some pointers on where to config the routing setup?
The default gateway is fine, but it appears that it incorrectly guesses
what net is on eth1 and adds a route to that entire net.  Unfortunately,
that net is not on that network card, so I need to convince it NOT to
add that routing statement, but to add a single route to a single host
that _is_ on that leg of the network.

This is probably sounding a little vague, but a little guidance about
how to configure the routing table on Mandrake would probably get me
straightened out.  Any recommended reading?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies