[wplug] Had it with linux

Sean McCune sean at redhandsoftware.com
Thu Apr 1 11:38:23 EST 2004

I've had it.  There were these SuSE problems, now Red Hat's pulled the
plug on 9.0 support at RHN.  There's just too much mickey-mouse stuff
going on in linux today.  For professional work I'm just going to have
to go all Microsoft again.  At least their update service works.  And
they do fix their problems, eventually. The cost is really negligible
for businesses. And besides, I'm a developer, I can get the stuff from
the for practically free... all I have to do is say "linux".  :)

As for my clients.  Who cares what they have to pay for Microsoft.
That's not coming out of my bottom line.  They're all big companies with
fat bank accounts.

And, as a developer and business owner, I can just ride the coat-tails
of the Microsoft marketing machine.  I can practically get guaranteed
business doing that.

As for free as in freedom... thpthpthpthpt.  No one, especially in
business, cares about that.  Its free as in beer that has driven Linux
this far in the biz world.  And now its just becoming too unmanageable
and time consuming to deal with, which has overcompensated for the free
as in beer part.

Business is about doing the work and making enough money to pay
employees, invest in the business, and have profit left over.  At least
Microsoft has a business model for themselves and third-party developers
that unashamedly allows for that.

The sound you hear is the plastic box that contains Win2K3 Server being
opened.

McC