[wplug] redhat 9 firewall problem

Mike Griffin mike at dmrnetworks.com
Mon Sep 29 14:31:33 EDT 2003

I agree that it sounds like cron is controlling this. They never
specified what they did before this happens. Maybe they restart start a
certain service then the firewall rules change. If the box is just
sitting there routing packets without anything being touched and all of
a sudden things change, that's a different story and cron scripts
should be the first place to look.

I was pointing out that IF cron was controlling such a thing, I would
look for those commands within the cron scripts or the file itself (
iptables-restore would be pulling from a file) and go from there.

Mike