[wplug] redhat 9 firewall problem

squeegy-wplug at squeegy.org squeegy-wplug at squeegy.org
Mon Sep 29 12:17:03 EDT 2003

I have a strange problem that maybe one of the RH gurus can help me with.
I have a set of rules in /etc/sysconfig/iptables that is I start my firewall
with they work fine, but on bootup and periodically the rules change and are more restrictive, breaking stuff.  I have stopped iptables only to have the rules to show up a short time later.  I have looked in /etc/init.d and the only scripts making iptables calls are ntp and iptables.  I have moved /etc/system/iptables to another name but seeings it doesn't seem to use the file, the rules keep being reapplied.  this was a new RedHat 9 install not an upgrade.  I am not doing anything in cron that I can tell.  Anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks.

--

Jt Chiodi

http://www.squeegy.org/
squeegy at squeegy.org