[wplug] Threatening people who try to help (was: Speaking of cracks? Maybe? How do you...)

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:04:42 EDT 2003

(cc'ing jo2y since it seems to be the administrative contact, and I
consider this improper usage of the list)

Russ, did you call CMU computing services this morning and request my
information, raving about suing me? I got a nasty phonecall 40' after
scanning your machine and sending you the email with the results,
letting me know that someone was requesting my personal information in
preparation of legal action.

+ If you did, this behavior is ridiculous and I'd call you forward to
explain your actions.

+ If you didn't, I apologize for pointing the finger at you, and would
like to hear a plausible explanation for that phonecall asking me if I
have been breaking into people's computers this morning.

Whoever did this (and I sure hope it wasn't a list member), watch out
fellow WPLUGers, there are weird people out there... :-(

-A
--
http://andrew.cmu.edu/~apapadop/pub_key.asc
3DAD 8435 DB52 F17B 640F  D78C 8260 0CC1 0B75 8265