[wplug] Speaking of cracks? Maybe? How do you...

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Fri Sep 26 11:38:08 EDT 2003

Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:

> Hey, you're running an anonymous FTP server, aren't you? That's the
> whole idea!

Well it didn't seem like anyone was grabbing anything from the FTP
server.  Nothing was showing up in the logs for it or httpd.

>>How do I determine what's being uploaded and by whom?

> lsof
> netstat
> ethereal
> tcpdump
> snort
> iptraf

Iwas trying to use lsof, but didn't understand most of what it was
returning unfortunately.  Seemed I had a lot of CUPSD connections going
to verizon.net.  Have NO clue what that meant.  Don't even know how to
turn cupsd off.  Man didn't say.

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)