[wplug] wow

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Wed Sep 24 11:42:12 EDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Vanco, Donald wrote:
> http://www.ece.umd.edu/courses/enee759h.S2003/references/chipkill_white_pape
> r.pdf
> http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MCGN-46AMQP.html

This is interesting... but I don't see it mention anything about
removing/replacing/adding memory from/to a running server.

> ...no H-P links off the top of my head (I'm a bit swamped with my stupid day
> job right now), but they've got it too.  PCI-X has been around for a long
> time now.....

Hrmm, found a PCI-X FAQ but it makes no mention of dynamic reconfiguration
either:

Q.
What are the benefits of using PCI-X?

A.
	Speed: PCI-X has doubled the maximum clock frequency from 66 MHz
to 133 MHz.
I/O Capacity: PCI-X nearly doubles the I/O capacity, which allows faster
and more efficient performance with reduced I/O bottlenecks. New Features:
PCI-X has added features, which include split transactions and transaction
byte counts that aid in boosting the efficiency of the bus.
Backwards Compatibility: PCI-X is fully backwards compatible with
conventional PCI products.

Maybe I wasn't clear what I was referring to.  Check this out:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/kmsattachments/44302.332313_0994b0be804e5a62.pdf

This doc: http://docs.sun.com/source/806-6783-10/intro.html is probably a
little better and easier to read.

--