[wplug] Q: Digital photography

DL Shepherd dlshepherd at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 22 15:16:00 EDT 2003

Environment: I have Red Hat 8 running on a Dell laptop.

I have just entered the arena of digital photography.  I just purchased
a Sony-MVC-500.

I have several questions about other folks' experiences.

What printer works best for printing pictures?  What paper should be used?
I am using GIMP.  Are there any tutorials on how to get the mosts out of it?
Are there any tools or best practices on how to keep my images organized?
I was thinking of purchasing an external drive with more capacity to
store more images online.  My laptop has a USB connection.  Suggestions
on what drives to buy?
How about a CD Burner to store all of my edited images offline.  Any
suggestions?

The camera can also take MPEG videos.  What can I use on my Linux laptop
to view and edit MPEG?

--
--Donald
DLShepherd at adelphia.net