[wplug] consistent screen resolution

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Sep 19 23:19:01 EDT 2003

The window manager doesn't define the screen resolution.  You can use
the same XF86Config to run fluxbox as to run gnome.  You might be
having some problem with the window manager that's causing this
problem, like dumping core on startup.

Also, gnome's screen resolution widgit might just be better at
identifying and choosing working numbers for the monitor and video card
than slackware's.  Not a suprise.