[wplug] If I were a Linux consultant...

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Sep 18 15:48:08 EDT 2003

Russ Schneider wrote:
>> Until Linux becomes a little bit more user friendly, Windoze will
>> dominate the desk top.
>
> People keep saying this.  I really believe your average clueless
> Windoze user would be just as fine using Mandrake if the PC came out
> of the box with it installed with KDE and icons that said "Web" for
> Mozilla and "E-Mail" for an email client, etc.
>
> Mandrake's Control Center makes things just as easy as Windoze, IMHO,
> escpecially with the amount of RPMs out there.

	While I personally don't care for it, you (in a generic sense here)
should take a look at Lindows.  It's a pretty astounding desktop OS.  Yeah -
it's got issues in the eyes of the average hard core / long-time Linux user,
but as far as getting on the 'Net, burning media, playing multi-media, and
gaming I have yet to see a desktop OS that matches it.  My other Linux boxen
have required heroics to get 3D running, my OS-X box required massive
updates to fix a slew of broken crap (like system hangs from SAMBA).
Lindows just works - even my Connexant WinModem was functional immediately
upon install....

Don