[wplug] If I were a Linux consultant...

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Sep 18 15:42:19 EDT 2003

Alex Birch wrote:
> Until Linux becomes a little bit more user friendly, Windoze will
> dominate the desk top.

	But it's not a simple single-sided equation - as long as users are
dumb-@$$es there will never be an OS that's a panacea.  It's SURE not
Windoze, it's not Linux, and it's not OS-X.  You just can't take complex
functionality and turn it into a single "Click Here Moron" application and
maintain a system that represents some end-user configurability /
flexibility.  You can't make a computer OS a toaster.
	Your assertion above (aside from being obvious flamebait) would lead
one to believe that prevalence = goodness.  The Linux desktop has matured
more in 3 years that Windoze has in 15 - sooner or later the scale will tip
- in fact, the blip in popularity of OS-X proves that out....  EVERY Windoze
user I know has had it with Windoze following the recent (and ongoing) worm
issues (including my employers IT staff).  Lots of the are looking at
alternatives.

Don