[wplug] If I were a Linux consultant...

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Thu Sep 18 14:35:14 EDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Alex Birch wrote:

> I guess that's what happens when I'm a Debian/mutt/fvwm kind of guy. I
> didn't realize how Redhat really is.

Well, if you're still using these things (I'm not knocking them, I still
use Pine at home and work), I don't think you have any room to comment on
Linux's readiness for the desktop.  There are many aspects of gnome that I
don't like (ie., removing features to make it simple to use) but it's
almost a necessary evil in order to gain ground in the desktop area.  Same
goes for KDE.  But, if you're trying to sit a windows user down at a linux
box, they're going to feel a whole lot more comfortable with KDE or Gnome
and Evolution than fvwm and mutt or pine.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>