[wplug] If I were a Linux consultant...

Robert E. Coutch recoutch at usaor.net
Thu Sep 18 11:27:51 EDT 2003

Haven't you been listening to Microsoft?

Why it will cost you far more to switch to Linux than to stay with
Microsoft.
They even have studies to prove it. They paid for it themselves, ya know!

This is what they are touting all over the place.

Let me see.........
I can pay $299 for XP Pro with nothing but the O.S. on a CD and then
I'll need
and Office Suite and other productivity tools. Hmmmm, I'll need
antivirus software too.
We're up to around $1000.

Or I could buy SuSE 8.2 pro on 2 DVD's and 5 CD's and have everthing I
ever wanted on my PC
for around $80.

So as you can see, the Microsoft stuff is a better deal because ------
HEY, WAIT A MINUTE !!!!