[wplug] floppy auto mount?

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Sep 16 14:44:23 EDT 2003

In redhat linux, CD automounting is done by 'magicdev', which constantly
polls the device to see if there is media.  You might be able to get it
to do the floppy drive as well.  I dislike magicdev, because it is
constantly leaving a trail of errors in the dmesg for when it reads the
CD drive and there is no media.

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 14:35, Vanco, Donald wrote:
> Is there a way to get a floppy to auto mount on insertion and generate a
> desktop icon?  I thought there was "automount" or "autofs" or something like
> that, but my aging mind is failing me..
>
> Don
Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>
TSFNKP, President and Chief Lackey