[wplug] file permissions/ownership changing automatically?

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Mon Sep 15 19:10:11 EDT 2003

William Powell wrote:
> It is probably the security application in Mandrake 9.1 that are seeing
> ownership of those directories and files change and changing them back
> for security purposes.

What's the application name?  Can it be disabled?

> The proper way for you to allow yourself access
> to those files and or directories would be to add yourself to one of the
> groups that have the nesssa permissions for those files.

That's what I was doing.  I didn't want to add myself to the group
"root".  I created a new group "sugapablo" and tried changing ownership
of the group to it.  But it kept changing the group permissions back to
root.

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
http://www.sugapablo.com