[wplug] Re: linuxfund credit card (OT)

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Sun Sep 14 23:15:56 EDT 2003

> This means that almost every(*) online purchase you make can be done w/ a
> different number.  This would go a long way in protecting you from fraud
> when (these days it seems when, not if) the site's database of thousands of
> credit cards gets stolen.

Actually, it doesn't protect *you* all that much.  As long as you notify
your credit card company if the card is stolen or if you notice
fradulent charges, your liability is generally limited only to $50.  But
of course avoiding fraud in general is a Good Thing.

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger