[wplug] Logging into a headless system

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Sun Sep 14 09:51:56 EDT 2003

Sometime in September Gentgeen assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| So my two questions are, (1) Any opinions on 'the best way' to logon to
| the 'kingpin'.   (2) isn't there a way I could run X on 'kingpin' but
| have is displayed on my desktop (named linuxbox) box?

ssh -X user at kingpin

normally works for me.

this should automatically setup x forwarding, so any graphical applications
your run on kingpin will display on linuxbox.

| I think it would be really cool if I could have something like CTRL+ALT+
| 	F1 - linuxbox terminal
| 	F2 - kingpin terminal
| 	F7 - linuxbox X display
| 	F8 - kingpin X display

i don't know about this.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi