[wplug] Writing to a NFS mount

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Sun Sep 14 09:02:54 EDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:20:16 -0400
Gentgeen <gentgeen at linuxmail.org> wrote:

Well, I fixed the problem myself.  Thought I'd repost for posterity reasons.  After mounting the NFS share, I did a ls -l on my /mnt/ directory.  Seems the share was being mounted as UID 1000.  For Debian (the NFS server), the UID of users start at 1000 and go up.  On my Redhat Desktop (the NFS client), I am UID 501, since RH starts users at 500.  (NOTE: My username was the same for both) So I just changed the UID and GID for my RH box:
       groupmod -g 1000 kevin
       usermod -g 1000 -u 1000 kevin

Now no problems.  I know there is probably a better (read more correct) way to do this, but is works for my little home system.